Why attend This Career Fair?
The CISE Career Fair provides an opportunity that cannot be found elsewhere. It is the only career fair at the University of Florida that specifically caters to students and alumni with experience in computer science, computer engineering, and digital arts and sciences. The large variety of companies that attend are hoping, in particular, to recruit from a pool of people with some kind of computing experience.
Students in all grade levels are encouraged to attend. If you are freshman or sophomore not yet looking for a job or internship, we hope you will attend anyway to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with potential future employers. Attending the career fair can be a great way to get your foot in the door and make a great first impression.
Looking to gain some valuable work experience? Want a free T-shirt? The CISE Career Fair is in need of volunteers. We are looking for help on Monday, Jan. 23 . We will need assistance before, during or after the event. If you want to volunteer, you do not need to help all day. Times are flexible.
All students at the university are welcome to volunteer, regardless of major. Tell your friends!
There will be an information session the week before the event. Everyone helping during the event will receive a T-shirt.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Kristina Sapp.
Check-in: 12:30 p.m.
Please wear business casual attire. Dressing appropriately goes a long way. We suggest wearing something that would make sense for the industry but is still professional dress.
Avoid: ragged jeans, dirty sneakers, graphic T-shirts, flip-flops, shorts, or hats.
To learn more about proper attire or to borrow some clothes, check out the Career Connections Center Molm Family Gator Career Closet.
**Backpacks: If backpacks are brought to the event, they must stay with you at all times. Any backpacks found unattended throughout the event space will be removed. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items that are unattended.**
Tips for Success
- Register for the upcoming career fair
- Prepare your resume and get it critiqued at the Career Connections Center
- Check the CISE Calendar for Career Fair Prep Sessions or the CCC calendar for other career-related events.
- Research the attending companies that you are interested in and have questions prepared for their representatives
- Practice your interviewing skills and sign-up for mock interviews at the Career Connections Center
- Print copies of your resume to hand to interested employers
- Check-in at the front desk with your UFID
- Be professional in your appearance and behavior: a shower, shave, haircut and a mint can go a long way
- When talking to employers, be confident, look them in the eye, shake their hand and speak with humble self-assurance
- Relax, have fun and enjoy the event
- Send follow-up thank-you emails to your interviewers
- Submit your resume and complete a job application online for the companies you are most interested in
- Be reachable for company employers to contact you via phone or email