Why attend This Career Fair?
The CISE Career Fair provides an opportunity that cannot be found elsewhere. It is the only career fair at the University of Florida that specifically caters to students and alumni with experience in computer science, computer engineering, and digital arts and sciences. The large variety of companies that attend are hoping, in particular, to recruit from a pool of people with some kind of computing experience.
Students in all grade levels are encouraged to attend. If you are a freshman or sophomore not yet looking for a job or internship, we hope you will attend anyway to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with potential future employers. Attending the career fair can be a great way to get your foot in the door and make a great first impression.
Please be aware of the following when you register on the CareerEco site for Fall 2021 CISE Career Fair on Oct. 4.
- By using CareerEco, you are consenting to the sharing of all personal data you provide to CareerEco, which may be shared with Host Organizations and Participating Organizations.
- Care should be taken to remove restricted personal information e.g. SSN, bank account information and highly private information from documents that are being shared online.
Date: Sept. 27, 2021
Time: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: Reitz Union, Grand Ballroom
Date: Oct. 4, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: Online via the CareerEco Platform
Registration Opens Sept. 3
Looking to gain some valuable work experience? Want a free T-shirt? The CISE Career Fair is in need of volunteers. We are looking for help on Sept. 27 for the in-person fair. We will need assistance before, during or after the event. If you want to volunteer, you do not need to help all day. Times are flexible.
All students at the university are welcome to volunteer, regardless of major. Tell your friends!
There will be an information session the week before the event. Everyone helping during the event will receive a T-shirt.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Kristina Sapp.
In-Person: Aug. 4
Virtual: Sept. 3
In-Person: Sept. 26
Virtual: Oct. 4
In-Person: Sept. 27
Virtual: Oct. 4
Whether attending in-person or virtually, please wear business casual attire as there is the potential for face-to-face conversations. Dressing appropriately goes a long way. We suggest wearing something that would make sense for the industry but is still professional dress.
Avoid: ragged jeans, dirty sneakers, graphic T-shirts, flip-flops, shorts, or hats.
To learn more about proper attire and interviews, review these tips from the Career Connections Center on Nailing a Virtual Interview.
Tips for Success
- Register for the upcoming career fair
- Prepare your resume and get it critiqued at the Career Connections Center
- Check the CISE Calendar for Career Fair Prep Sessions or the CCC calendar for other career-related events.
- Research the attending companies that you are interested in and have questions prepared for their representatives
- Practice your interviewing skills.
- Be professional in your appearance and behavior: a shave and a haircut can go a long way
- When you enter the employer chat rooms, remember to speak respectfully and avoid short hand (lol, brb, ttyl), emojis and casual language. After all, these conversations open the door for future employment.
- When talking face-to-face with employers, be confident, look them in the eye, and speak with humble self-assurance
- Relax, have fun and enjoy the event
- Send follow-up thank-you emails to your interviewers
- Submit your resume and complete a job application online for the companies you are most interested in
- Be reachable for company employers to contact you via phone or email