Why attend This Career Fair?
The CISE Career Fair provides an opportunity that cannot be found elsewhere. It is the only career fair at the University of Florida that specifically caters to students and alumni with experience in computer science, computer engineering, and digital arts and sciences. The large variety of companies that attend are hoping, in particular, to recruit from a pool of people with some kind of computing experience.
Students in all grade levels are encouraged to attend. If you are a freshman or sophomore not yet looking for a job or internship, we hope you will attend anyway to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with potential future employers. Attending the career fair can be a great way to get your foot in the door and make a great first impression.
In-Person: None Required. Just bring your Gator1 Card for entry.
Never! Join us anytime that day.
Whether attending in-person or virtually, please wear business casual attire as there is the potential for face-to-face conversations. Dressing appropriately goes a long way. We suggest wearing something that would make sense for the industry but is still professional dress.
Avoid: ragged jeans, dirty sneakers, graphic T-shirts, flip-flops, shorts, or hats.
To learn more about proper attire and interviews, review these tips from the Career Connections Center on Nailing a Virtual Interview.
Tips for Success
- Register for the upcoming career fair
- Prepare your resume and get it critiqued at the Career Connections Center
- Check the CISE Calendar for Career Fair Prep Sessions or the CCC calendar for other career-related events.
- Research the attending companies that you are interested in and have questions prepared for their representatives
- Practice your interviewing skills.
- Be professional in your appearance and behavior: a shave and a haircut can go a long way
- When you enter the employer chat rooms, remember to speak respectfully and avoid short hand (lol, brb, ttyl), emojis and casual language. After all, these conversations open the door for future employment.
- When talking face-to-face with employers, be confident, look them in the eye, and speak with humble self-assurance
- Relax, have fun and enjoy the event
- Send follow-up thank-you emails to your interviewers
- Submit your resume and complete a job application online for the companies you are most interested in
- Be reachable for company employers to contact you via phone or email